Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Just Thinking



So...

As I think the picture illustrates I am often thinking about something. I realized earlier today that hyper people throw me, and by throw I mean make me hella uncomfortable. I will literally start to create some distance between me and an overeager, extra-hype person. I don't know they just scare me,work my nerves, plain old irk me. Some might actually consider me hyper though because when I super amped up a) I talk a lot and I talk fast b) I am really energetic c) I'm persistent as hell d) I'm even a tad aggressive. So I'm glad I realized this so I can calm the hell down, and when need be so I can sit the hell down.

Now on to other bits

A few weeks ago I was watching an episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" when Uncle Phil was giving a lecture and said to either Will or Carlton I can't remember who but more than likely Will. I "Intimacy requires a real commitment."

Whew this really hit me when earlier today I was talking to two of my closest friends who I went to high school with. We were talking about how people change their names on Facebook, are engaged on Facebook, married on Facebook. I don't think Uncle Phil quite meant pseudo commitment. But it is what it is.

Something made me smile today. I got this great note from a kid I met at the diversity conference that I help co-facilitate. It made me smile. It's moments like this that let you know you're good for something. Good for a lot of things.

"hey, whether u realized or not what you said about me doing what Im passionate about really had an effect on me and after thinking about it for a while I have completely changed my goals so that I am doing what I love."

Like whoa.

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Chris said...

pretty cool to have a positive impact on someone's life, and if intimacy requires a real commitment, then we're all going about it wrong, LOL.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hyper people get on my damn nerves!

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

get it mr. inspirational!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home