Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Buying Your Rewards

Today I purchased my cap and gown for $50.83.

Graduation day is May 17, 2008. Hooray. I cannot wait.

Though as I was reminded today I still have no job, or job offers of which to speak. Its semi-sad. I got an e-mail from someone I did a phone interview with on Friday that I did not make it past round 1. But it's whatev.

Congrats go out to my boy Eps cause he got a job. The negro's going to be a teacher like I always predicted. Oh lawd pray for the churren.

Back to the reason for the blog.

I purchased graduation invitations for $77.88. How the hell do a bunch of invitations cost more than the friggin cap and gown?

Then I ordered my copy of "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges", and the key. How'd that come to $108.85?

Does it occur to anyone else that you have to buy your rewards?

If you're being awarded shouldn't something come for free, at a discount, shoot at a bargain?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

That is all.

-C. Nel

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

the bastards always want you to pay for something! but anywho I'm sooo proud of you!! you'll find a job so dont worry! we have to meet up sometime this summer!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Brittany said...

Thats something I never thought about. Paying for something you work hard for. And they know college students are broke.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home