Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Last Week

Sunday- I got back from Texas at around 11:00pm, got picked up from the airport around 11:45. I then rode around for forever before finding a Mickey D's. I grabbed food and went back to the dorm at around 12:30. I ate, checked e-mail, tried to plan out my schedule. At around 3:00 I had to go into the hall and yell at some kids who were being too loud, because they had the day off.

Monday- I went into my internship on MLK Day when the whole school was off because my super told me too. She said there would still be work for me to do. You know what I did? NOTHING. It all started when one reporter refused to allow me to go out with him. It was a cop out. Then the next reporter agreed to take me along, and nicely left me. Then I ended up sitting at the assignment desk. They made me do beat calls on a holiday, which means either people didn't answer or they just said nothing was going on. I was not feeling it. They sent me home early, thank God. Then I ran errands, then I had a meeting. After the meeting I came back and watched the Georgetown men's b-ball game. One of my friends from high school plays for the team. Then I talked to my friend La and her boyfriend. LoL. It's sad when people cannot go without having a conversation without their significant other. One of the first things out of her mouth was, "Do you mind if Dexter is on the phone with us?" I didn't care cause I went to school with both her and her boyfriend. The three of us caught up on life. They tried to recruit me to be part of "The Challenge", more on that later.

Tuesday- I had to meet with one of my professors about my Independent Study, which will involve researching student motivations of black prep school students. I'll investigate their motivations for choosing prep schools and what motivates them when it comes time to choose what colleges they go too. My topic was inspired by the sociological theory paper I wrote last semester which centered on intragroup conflict within the black populations at black schools. My independent study will expand on that topic in establishing whether intragroup conflict affects both.

Then I met with my advisor about what was expected in the Capstone course which he is teaching. I also discussed ditching my internship which I am not a fan of in the least.

That day I had my first full day of classes for the semester I had the Magazine Publishing course which is the Capstone for Comm majors with a journalism concentration.

Then I had my course in Criminal Justice.

That night we had an R.A. meeting, then I talked on the phone, and went to bed.

Wednesday- I went to my internship even though I hate it. I ended out going out with an African-American reporter. She let me get some M.O.S. which stands for man on the street, which means we stood and interviewed people at random about the topic of our reporter. Later we stopped off at Mickey D's, I had nuggets for the first time in forever, then we sat in the news car doing nothing. Then the photog and I went inside a store and walked around to kill time. Then we sat in the news car doing nothing. Eventually the live truck arrived. The reporter wrote and voiced her package, and while she did all that she told me to write my own story. While she got all dolled up for her live shot she listened to my report. She said it was good, because I obviously knew structure and stuff. I watched her do her first live shot. Then I peaced out and headed back to the station.

I ended my night by being on duty.

Thursday: I ran errands all day. I then went to make resume tapes to send out so I could be critiqued by news vets.

I ended my night by being on duty. I ended up writing up 5 people for drinking, three of them were my own residents. It was the first time I had written up my own residents. My duty partner and I ended up ordering food from S'ghetti Eddie's. After we ate I wrote up the report, watched Mona Lisa Smile, and went to bed.

Friday: I had an 10 A.M. meeting, which was cancelled. I had a teleconference at 11:30 A.M. Then I did some research for a friend, met up with said friend. Then I headed to the campus T.V. station for a meeting with the manager, who wants me to advise him. After that I met my best friend @ LoCo whose name is also Chris. We actually went to S'ghetti Eddie's a) because it's in walking distance b) because it takes campus bucks, c) because I had to be back at 8 P.M. for my third consecutive night of duty. That's the only thing about going out of town, it forces me to stack up duties in one or two weeks of a month.

Saturday: Chilled with a friend, had to meet with one of my residents about a roommate problem, talked to my mom, watched some of the S.C. Democratic primary coverage, and began cleaning my room for the first time since I came back to campus on the 14th.

So a busy week or jam packed week is why I haven't blogged on the regular.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

ah, the story of our life, extreme busy-ness. I hate your internship sucks, my job rocks. Hope this coming week is better

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home