Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Barry or Hillary

Last night a lot of people were shocked that Hillary Clinton won the New Hampshire primary instead of Barack Obama.

A lot of people have asked how he lost a supposed double digit lead.

I question whether or not there was in fact a double digit lead in Obama's favor. If Hillary Clinton had been leading polling for a whole year, did Obama really have momentum? Just because he won in Iowa I don't think we can say he had momentum. Yeah more people were paying attention. More people saw him as a viable candidate, but i think people overhyped it. Hmmm.

You know what happens when you hype up a person or a thing, when you blow that bubble up. A bubble bursts. So now some may suggest Obama had a few missteps and lost his way. I hink instead Hillary found her step, and got reinvigorated.

Yeah, she's polarizing but I don't think she's easily defeatable. Vulnerable, maybe. But I don't see either Clinton or Obama getting a overwhelming mandate.

I'm not a political scientist but I see competitition as healthy.

Clinton and Obama I see as duking it out atleast until Super Tuesday. At the same time some people are saying they see fractured conventions where they are some back room deals, and a lot of politicing to unite the party.

Wow, the Dems really have it hard. They have choose between legacies do they want to be known for putting forth a woman for president or an African-American.

For me it'd be even more heartening if diversity were represented on both the Democratic and Republican sides.

I know one thing it'll be interesting.

Atleast the contest has inspired some to dream, dreams once thought to be impossible.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17902953

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

did you really call him Barry tho? mad at that. i don't think he ever had a double digit lead. that's just ridiculous. i didn't think hillary would be easily defeated, BUT she's really not electable for a nation. i do not want to vote for her and you would be hard-pressed to find a repub who would despite her right leanings. for the dems to win they need someone who can get swing votes. hill is not a swing vote grabber.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

Naw J, I don't call him Barry, his people's too. Read that in his first book. Thought it'd make for a cool blog title haha. I think the road to the nomination shall be interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home