Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, November 02, 2007

The Jury's Still Out

So I finally got Jilly from Philly's latest CD.

I'm a Jill fan and she never fails me. I have every one of CD's including "Collaborations". She's one of few singers who I own all of their works.
She's just that hot.

She says this is about her artistry, "If life lasts, that means change is inevitable. But what's solid is I'll always be a storyteller. I'll always tell you from start to finish."

A lot of people say her new album is sex, all sex. Welll!

Whatever the topic Jill Scott reminds us that the story isn't always written in black and white. She adds color.

So one of my fav joints on this album is "All I" .

It doesn't have a video but that hasn't stopped people from making their own:


As far as I'm concerned I still need to decide if I think the album is too sexy, too eroitc, too risque!

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM , Blogger Chris said...

I swear you can get a Zane "Sisters of APF" style orgy going on with Jill's album, she is off the hook with it and I love it.

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I'm sold cause you're like the ka-jillionth person to tell me how great it is. But it'll HAVE to be after CB leaves.

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

my favs on Jill are (in this order): Hate on Me, How Would You Feel, Come Get Me. As far as the sex thing, she did say it was a very grown folks album

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger La said...

It def is a very sexy album, but I think what I love about it is that while still being about sex, being a little raw, sometimes even a little crass, it still manages to be beautiful and poetic. THAT'S what songs about sex are supposed to accomplish

 
At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the song is great. I like it. Jill Scott never fails to give a great album.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home