Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Life Update

(I took this picture 7 weeks ago thinking I maybe wouldn't see the anchor desk again.)

Well life is funny sometimes.

Glad many of you enjoyed the 8 part series, but back to reality now.

Surreal = the fact that I'm turning 21 on Sunday.

Nervous= about beginning the new two week work rotation.

Over the course of the next two weeks:
I co-produce 1 day a week.
I anchor the taped 5 min night cut-in and 1 min morning cut-in 3 days a week.
I report 2 days a week.
I fill-in anchor the 30 min live newscast 1 day next week.
I run one of the studio camera two days a week.
I shoot and edit a pack one day a week.

My resume tape is okay, but I have to do some standups I haven't done any that were very good. Maybe LoCo T.V. will get off the ground and I can do some things.

As for here thank God I paid my dues and am off weekends for forever, I think. I hope for forever. All I want is to just lay around play my music, read my books, talk on the phone, write when my laptop acts right.I've enjoyed the last few weeks being co-producer, news writer, and Friday cut-in anchor.

Truth be told I miss the East Coast, I miss home, I miss my family, I miss my friends.

Speaking of friends, those of you who know Eps. He's still in Texas doing field work. Yes, he's digging in dirt. I've heard from him via letters. Sadly he lost his cell phone, and won't get a replacement until he's back in Bmore. I thought he was supposed to be digging stuff up not burying things, but he must have forgotten this himself.

Overall this summer I've learned a lot, grown a bit, and challenged myself. Now I'm ready to speed through until August.
Have a great weekend folks.

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

2-1, 2-1!! do it up do it up!!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I think that's the good hectic ya know. I may just be a nerd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home