Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Are You Trying to Set Me Up For Failure?

Like the best thing in the world for me right now:

PHONE CALLS FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I talk to my momma just about everyday unless my work schedule prohibits me from making the call at a decent hour, or I think she's busy visiting my sick aunt in Texas.

Aside from that I talk to either my aunt/godmother, my sister, or a few of my cousins a few times during the week.

As for friends: the best friend Epsi is occupied in Texas, the other best friend Kenny calls me when he isn't preparing for medical school, taking vacation days or observing plastic surgeries. My other friends call three times a week.

Today I got two important calls one from my friend Linda who I went to college with freshman year, and one from my friend Loryn who I went to high school with. Loryn's the one who was in that serious ATV accident. She's doing much better, but still not 100%. I was happy to talk to both of them because we'd been playing phone tag given my working weekend hours.

The call which prompted this post took place Monday evening.

I called one of the mentors, Sharon, who was an administrator at my high school. Since graduation Sharon and I have talked atleast once a month. Even when she took a sabattical she made time for me. It's so crazy because at first her husband didn't appreciate me or my besty Kenny calling his house. He's since come to expect it, accept it, and see it as quite natural.

He knows that Sharon saw in us the potential to validate her life's work. She had always sought to educate students not just about academics, but about life. Had it not been for her we would have not have committed ourselves to being men for others. It was my middle school's motto, but it didn't become part of my life until high school. Our relationship is so much more than a teacher and student. She actually helped me to develop an affinity for diversity work. In many ways she enabled me to become a leader.

Truth be told, Sharon is like another mother to me. She calls me and Kenny the sons she never had. Sharon and I talk about everything from career craziness, to relationships, you name it. I will never forget one day we were riding along and somehow ended up talking about whether or not condoms really break. I damn near died in the passenger's seat.

Anywho Sharon brings up my ultimate crush, the ideal, "HARVARD GIRL".

Sharon knows both of us and says, "Why don't you send her an e-mail?"

I think to myself, Sharon are you trying to set me up for failure?

I explain to her that Epsi is against the idea, Kenny laughs at the idea, one of my closest female friends Lauren thinks I need to get over it, fast.

I tell Sharon its out of the question. I know she wants to see me happy, but unlike her I don't see it as a 50-50 shot. We already had some odd encounters.

Maybe I'll share with you guys the history of my infatuation, fixation, daydream turned night dream turned eternal dream which involves "HARVARD GIRL" in my next post.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

um yes! thou shalt leave me out abt this girl no more!!

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I want to know who this girl is?? You know what Rita always says!

 
At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Mimi what does Rita always say?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home