Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sidebar to Pt. 5

Sidebar to part five. The day of prom I went to the hospital for dehydration.

You see the day of prom I had a job interview downtown. In all the excitement of getting to the interview and getting back home to get ready for prom, I didn't eat or drink.

I had the interview and it went okay. I went to catch the bus back home.

On the bus stop I felt myself getting dizzy. There was no empty space on a bench, I put myself up against the wall. I could see two buses one of which I was sure was mine. I felt more faint. I turned to the person next to me and asked them to tell me if the # 15 came. I felt myself sliding down the wall. I ended up fainting.

I was out for all of 15 secs. It was long enough for the bus to come, board, and pull off. As I got up my bus turned the corner.

I picked myself up, dusted the grit off.

No one helped me up. Even though was a 17 year old high school student they probably assumed I was on drugs or something.

I made my way to a bench. This man brought me a bottled water. I sat on the bench trying to gather myself.

Someone called the ambulance. They came looking for someone who fainted. Then I reluctantly said it was me. They took my pulse, my hands were ice cold yet clammy. They asked did I want to go to the hospital. I said no I had a prom to go to. The EMT said look you need to go with us. He said either us or them, and pointed to a cop car. A cop car never a good look. This woman gave me her cell I called my mom told her what had happened.

They helped me into the ambulance, got me on the stretcher, and started pumping me up full of fluid. I went to the hospital and spent almost three hours there.

The doctors asked if I was trying to lose weight for prom. How much weight can I lose in a day? I thought to myself. Hell no. I was too busy to eat.

I got released, went to Wendy's, went home, showered, got dressed, went to my aunt's, and got my limo and road solo.

We got shuttled to afterprom so I was coo.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You dun passed out before prom...someone was excited

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

lmao @tryin to lose weight for prom. wth??????

 
At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta do what u gotta do. Even if you fain u still gotta show up

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home