Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Harvard Girl" A Story in Multiple Parts Pt. 3

Listening: Teedra Moses, "Loves Gonna Be", The Young Lioness
As the year went on I became more drawn to her.

We both had to focus on school work.

I was busy trying to set myself on the right track for college.

"Harvard Girl" was trying to get her high school career off to a good start.

I knew how much it took to be in the position we were in, and that some people despite our youth saw romance as a distraction.

I tried only not to embarrass myself in front of her.

The only time I've ever really been shy or unsure of myself has been when its come to women. It's not that I don't know them growing up with my mother, grandmother, aunts, sister, and cousins. It's just that I never quite know how they'll react to me.

Fastforward from the fall of '02 to the spring of '03.

I called myself becoming bold.

I did what I do took pen to paper. I called myself penning this amazing love letter. I told the girl since the moment I'd say her I'd found her intriguing, and some more jazz. Then I asked if she wanted to be my girlfriend. No, not if she wanted to date, talk, get to know each other better, if she wanted to be my girlfriend.

Then here's the kicker. I didn't give her the letter. I sent it through a third party.

The next day she began avoiding me.

Then I followed up with an e-mail when I didn't receive a response.

Me:Hey Baby Girl,
No response to my letter? On Friday you said I was funny, did you think I was joking? I truly meant everything I said. Just tell me something."Chris I want to stay just friends," "Chris I can't have a boyfriend," "Chris let's just talk (or e-mail)," "Chris I'm unsure of everything." Just tell mesomething. I promise I can deal with whatever it is. Smile :-), even if it hurts!! I'm already 0-2 don't let me be 0-3, I'll tell you later.
Ya Boy,CNEL

Her:Hey baby girl my foot do no call me that. When Mia read me that letter we both just thought it was dunny (funny)we was rollin i was like i hope your notserious. Chris you sounded like a stalker/ child molester. I did not come to school to have a boyfriend i came to school to focus on my futurecause i know that i'm goin somewhere. I am not being emotionally attached to anyone but my girls Mia, Devin, Tiff, and Lita cause they the only ones itruly care about at (school). They my only true friends who i love dearly.Peace Out, "Harvard Girl".

Reading it now it's funny as hell. I'm like boy was I stupid. But that didn't stop me. I gave it the summer. I let it be then I came again during my senior year. One let down wasn't enough it seems.

To be continued...

5 Comments:

At 4:05 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

wow... lovin this story. i will reserve comment until i hear all parts.

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Robyne said...

....you do not know what the words "I hope you're not serious" mean? Dude, you totally took the Urkel approach of "wearing her down"....and "baby girl" not smooth sweetie. I am deeply saddened with how smooth you thought you were. I only say this in love Chris. Atleast since you're writing this I hope you're able to recognize your mistakes and never do them again lol.
~Robby

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Chris said...

you're better than me. You're a good dude, C, and some day some fine ass renaissance chick will realize that and want you to settle down with her, keep your head up.

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

ok this is FANTASTIC. Im such a sucker for a multi-parter.

She sounds SO 13! For now I cant stand her, but ill reserve my judgement. :)

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

PS...i thought your response was really mature and very older alpha male. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home