Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

First Time Out

All this week the interns are working on content positions and production positions on mock shows or dry runs. Since many of us have never worked a number of the positions, its basically hands on training.

So far this week I served as a videographer and editor (mmmmm), I worked studio camera, I worked chyrons (did better than I thought for a first time), I will work chyrons again and I will also report and edit.

My first time out as a co-anchor was a little rough.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give myself a 6.5-7.

There is a lot for me to learn.

I was reminded not to take myself too seriously.

At the very least I knew well enough to laugh at myself.



The biggest mistake I made today not taking my time, and not clearly pronouncing and enunciating words.

The highest compliment I was paid, "Smile because when you smile it's infectious." That came from the News Director.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

is pronunciating a word? i think its pronouncing. STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF. this is not your first job. this is an internship. you are there to learn.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

HaHa pronounciating is def not a word, so I changed it.

I guess I do have to remember I didn't walk in the door perfect, and I won't walk out perfect either.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

ta da! learning lessons already.

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Lola Gets said...

You look so cute: keep on smilin' brother!
:)
L

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home