Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BRIGHT SPOTS

Bright Spots
I figured that I better look for some bright spots in my experience or the next ten weeks will be extremely long.

So here are this week's bright spots:

1) My best friend was able to check on our friends condition. She had a less invasive surgery to stop the bleeding from her kidney. She's been discharged, and will hopefully really begin to heal. Ideally she won't need a more invasive surgery.

2) I will likely have split shifts during the week. This means I'll alternate long days and short days. For example Monday I worked 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Today I went in at 3:00 and was out by 7:30.

Tomorrow I work from 1p.m. to 7:30 p.m. I will write stories for the 5 minute live show. I will co-anchor the 30 minute rehearsal show.

3) I got to watch reruns. I spent most of the morning watching reruns on Oxygen. First up it was Queen Latifah, Kim Fields, Erika Alexander, and Kim Coles in "Living Single." Then there was Jasmine Guy, Kadeem Hardison, and others in "A Different World". Really good T.V., a good book, and good food can satisfy me. I'm a rather simple creature.

4) I didn't f up too badly at work haha. That's always a bright spot.

5) I was able to do something good for one of my best friends. I offered to buy him a plane ticket home in August. I ain't a baller, but I try my best to help out people who have helped me.

This led my cousin to relay this experience. She sits on the board of a non-profit and talks to potential grant seekers. In our hometown of Bmore the people she encounter normally have stories of overcoming, or stories which show the importance of lifting others up.

One lady said: "Some of ya'll miss a mortgage payment to help somebody pay their rent."

I don't know if I'm that generous a spirit, LoL.

I think I read it in Reverend Run's "Words of Wisdom" or heard him say "Life gives to the giver, and takes from the taker."

* BONUS BRIGHT SPOT: I HAD A PRETTY GOOD DINNER, GRILLED CHEESE, & SALAD. I MADE THE GRILLED CHEESE MYSELF !

I'M ALSO LEARNING TO SHARE AND NOT BE SELFISH. LIKE I LET MY ROOMIE BORROW MY COMP TO DO WORK, ATLEAST I THINK HE'S FINISHING UP COURSE WORK.

On a lighter note. This was so funny to me,well that last line, the rest isn't so funny.

Lady 1: Some of ya'll when a family member passes away are those who have to make the funeral arrangements.

Lady 2: Yep, $14,000

Boy 1: Boy, that's how much it costs to die these days.

Forgive me if it's too harsh of humor. I laughed so hard at that dude.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

trust. that's only the beginning of your inappropriate humor. it will get worse if you stay in news. ew at grilled cheese.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home