Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Almost Done with Week One

It wasn't until this week that I realized just how long it's been, since I have been in a TV newsroom. My last two years I have been writing, reporting, and anchoring for radio.

This week has been so busy learning in some detail about all the positions at the station. Some of these things I knew about, but never in such detail. I've had to relearn all the newsroom positions from assignment editor to producer. I've also had to learn production positions from prompter to studio camera.

Today I ran prompter for the five minute live news update at 5:30. It was so bad, on my part. To have 50 million people yelling in your ear tells you you're doing it wrong. "Speed it up Chris, slow it down Chris. Keep the arrow where she's reading."

Tomorrow we continue training. This will teach me about producing.

Hopefully I can get off shooting and editing, and onto producing. I'm assigned to do videography Monday and I'm already scared. These cameras are high tech, they have a hard drive on the cameras which = expensive. I've also never edited especially in Avid.

So far this week it's made me feel as though I'm at TV Camp, not band camp, not cheer camp, TV Camp.

The apartments are okay. We have two bedrooms (I have a single yesssssssss!), a kitchen, a living/dining room, bathroom, and a balcony. I finally got Internet access today.

I have been so beat that my bedtime is around 10:30pm central time.

The people are cool. One roomie is from New Jersey, and the other is from the St. Louis metro (but the Illinois side), cause you know they are separated by the river.

This experience will be like life, it's all about taking what you can use and forgetting the rest.

My mother always says, "Look at what's being brought to you, not whose bringing it."

It's all about the lessons I'll learn.

TTYS.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

mommy droppin that knowledge. that's hot. we get so caught up in who's saying it, not what they're saying. get it mommy!

tv camp is great. just think... all this stuff you're learning now will put you at a significant advantage when you graduate. yelling at people on prompter comes with the territory... even in a top 25 market... trust. they know you're learning so its cool.

avid kind of teaches itself. i can't even begin to tell you how valuable it is to learn it. whoooo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home