Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

"WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?"

Last night I caught a bit of Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News. Nancy was covering the story of Chanel Petro- Nixon. Chanel is a 16 year old who was murdered in her own neighborhood, and her body was later disposed of in a trashbag. They haven't found her killer. This has hit me square in the gut because it seems that people are showing a blatant disregard for the value of human life. A 11 year old boy was murdered here in Baltimore about two weeks ago. Seeing Chanel's parents on TV, hearing their story, and feeling their pain made it more real.

MORE OF CHANEL PETRO- NIXON'S STORY

I pray to God this young girl's killer will be brought to justice.

I pray to God that people will always understand the value of human life, the value of loving ourselves and others, the value of faith, and the value of seeking to contribute to the greater good.

Lyrics: "What About the Children" as performed by Yolanda Adams

Tears streaming down, her heart is broken
Because her life is hurting, so am I
He wears a frown, his dreams are choking
And because he stands alone, his dreams will die
So, humbly I come to you and say
As I sound aloud the warfare of today
Hear me, I pray

CHORUS
What about the children
To ignore is so easy
So many innocent children would choose the wrong way
So what about the children
Remember when we were children
And if not for those who loved us and who cared enough to show us
Where would we be today

Sir, where is your son
Where lies his refuge
And if he can't come to you, then where can he run
Such a foolish girl, yet still, she's your daughter
And if you will just reminisce your days of young
You see, it's not where you've been, nor what you've done
Because I know a friend who specializes in great outcomes
See His love overcomes

CHORUS (2 times)

Where would we be today
Where would we be today
Where would we be today
What about the the children

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home