Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I NEED A CAR

I need a car.

Can anyone out there help me?

If you can, I can find a 501 C 3 to attach myself to, so you can get a tax write off!

I am so tired of riding mass transit.

I was about to give these teenage husseys a piece of my mind on my way home cause they said I had a cone head. It's true, and it wasn't real deep. I just wanted to tell the obviously uneducated, rude, needy, wannabes to keep their heads out of the clouds, and in some books. It was obvious given that they were out past 10:00pm that they were trains wrecks on wheels.

So anyway on bus rides, subway rides, I sometimes come out my writers block, poetry funk, whatever you shall call it:
# 1

The grayness of the clouds speak to me
The sun trying to peek through sings to me
Slowly moving across the sky
The clouds are where my head is right now
My tears come rampantly and then slowly just as surely as the half hour ago's summer rain came and went.

#2

In the back of my mind rests an image of you, or should I say images of you
One image of you as a caring, loving, genuine person calling to see how my day went, saying I love you, encouraging me
The other image of you as unsure, unloving, a less than genuine person texting me to say, "I finally am going to be honest with you. I don't want to be in a relationship with you any more. I am sorry for leading you on this long. I hope we can remain friends and try again later. I still love you."
It seems that you thought more about that text, than about why people enter into relationships, than about what it takes to sustain relationships, than about my feelings, than about my heart, than about how your playing games changed our lives. Atleast you thought.

# 3
Intensely I wanted her
I craved her touch
Intensely I desired her
I desired her presence
With all the passion within me I tried to sow love
I tried to plant in the garden that which would grow, that which would blossom, that which would reveal beauty to the senses

#4
Sometimes I don't know whether to cry or to laugh
At the life I lead
At that of which I am a part
Sometimes I smile at the simplest things a cute kid, a couple kissing, a beautiful poem, a pretty picture, a blossoming garden
Sometimes I frown at the state of our society, our urban cities often called urban jungles
Sometimes I don't know whether to smile or show disdain
The ambiguous nature of my feelings has me conflicted

# 5

There's this ever present lie that a man cannot feel
That a man cannot live intensely, with passion, with truth, or with conviction
I've said I loved and meant it
I've kissed and that been all, not wanting to cross any line
Said goodbye and not wanted to move in any direction
I have loved because of potential because of that which could exist if I loved hard enough and prayed long enough

#6
The train moves, I see buildings
I see greenery that I can barely see through
I see
I feel the motion
I feel
Two minutes til the next stop
Next stop my stop
Or a blip on the screen

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

You know what's funny, is that the main reason I havent left NYC after 7 years is bec I dont know any other city I could live comfortably without a whip. The subway is the only way in Manhattan as far as I'm concerned...that is unless it's after 3am and you're flat drunk as I typically am at that hour.

Perhaps you could be my new chauffeur. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home