Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Little Get Away

So peeps for those of you who tune into this blog on the regular, just wanted to say I'm going away for a few days. Going to try to ensure my future! Unlike Italy, I won't be blogging! For real, I am not lying LoL. Some may consider this a gift or others a curse. But then again no one has offered to buy me a laptop just yet.

Before I go can I just say I love "The Today Show" for doing a piece on bed bugs making a resurgence, right before I have to go and sleep in a hotel. Thanks Ann and Lester (he's subbing for Matt!).

Oh and again thanks to "The Today Show" for telling me this.

More Americans Know Names Of Seven Dwarfs Than Supreme Court Justices

HaHa apparently more people know that Dopey is one of the seven dwarfs than know that Clarence Thomas is one of the Supreme Court Justices, and also they don't know about Homer's classic works.

Lester said that more people can name 2 of the dwarves, than 2 justice's or Homer's most notable work.

Cause ya'll know I warped my own childhood. I was watching the local news, reading the paper, and other stuff before I exited elementary school. See:

Dwarves:

Grumpy
Sleepy
Dopey

Supreme Court Justices:

Roberts
Alito
Breyer
Stevens
Kennedy
Thomas
Bader Ginsburg
Scalia
Souter

Oh and I knew what the Iliad and Odyessy were before Lester Holt told me. HaHa I haven't read them, but I know that they're classics.

One last pearl from T Win. He's often quoted on this blog.

Line of the day:

"We don't say ugly, we say visually offensive." -T Win

That's as good as one I once heard used "aesthetically challenged"!

Have a good week!

4 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ima use T Win's line. Tell him he just got took!!!

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

i usually say "not my type." i don't like calling people ugly. partially b/c people used to call me ugly when i was little. they're eatin their words now aren't they? yep! i love lester. my anchor bf. where you goin?!!!

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CNel, I was trying to reach you before you left. If you read your email, look around NABJ for these folks: Natalie Moore (my cuz) and Johnson Lancaster (my dawg) Tell them I said hello, and show you some love, as well as the ropes.

Peace after revolution! (All right, I've been listening to too much Erika Badu since I returned.) Afi

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

"Arma virumque cano. Troiae qui primus ab oris."

Can only ever remember like 3 justices tho. :(

Oh, and can't wait to hear about Indy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home