Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Birthday Debrief

Current mood: thankful

Currently Listening: Chris Brown and Ne-Yo

Chris Brown- Hot = Yo (Excuse Me Miss), Young Love, Ain't No Way (You Won't Love Me), Is This Love?, Poppin', Say Goodbye

Ne-Yo- Hot = Entire Album

Category: Life


Excerpts Taken from my MySpace Post on 7/8/06

Bold = Additions on 7/9/06

I don't know what to do with myself, I'm finally out of my teens.

I don't know what's on the agenda.

1) I need to eat.

So my friends Terrell, Bianca, and I went to TGI Friday's. I had the Jack Daniel's Chicken and Shrimp and a Caesar Salad. The only thing I'm ticked about is that my cranberry and pineapple mix always comes from the bar and is excessively overpriced! It's not like its alcohol. Back to Friday's the clown we had for a waiter insisted he'd have to charge me an arm and a leg for a refill in a non-kiddy glass. Clown. We shouldn't have left a tip. LoL.

2) I need to smile and laugh.

We went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" that should be a must see for anyone about to graduate college and looking for a job, but is a must see for anyone thinking of getting into communications be it advertising, marketing, public relations, and or journalism.

3) I need to drive, before I forget how.

I got to drive from my house to Loyola, where Bianca picked me up to drive me to movies. I'm not as rusty as I thought. CNEL is now collecting donations for his first whip.

4) I need to not come home till it's July 9th.

I came in after midnight, only cause I had no one left to hang out with, and I didn't feel like roaming and milling about by myself. One best friend is in China on assignment, and the other one is somewhere dealing with relationship drama. Also I was tired of being eye candy for people who were out of my league, and I will leave it at that. I didn't have the stomach, the desire, or will-power aka restraint to deal with that mess last night. I was too tired to be common sensical.

Oh and before I go, let me tell ya'll how Terrell set me up.

We go to the mall and he keeps hollerin' I got to use the bathroom.

Why does this clown lead me right into the store, where "my crush" and my self-proclaimed "should-be" future wife works? I was a little ticked, very embarrassed. If ya'll haven't heard the story. It's a really, really awkward situation with this immensely beautiful and intelligent young woman. Most days I find a way to act extremely awkward around her, and other days people like Terrell make me seem like a stalker? I'm almost to the point where I'm like "Christopher Ezekiel Nelson, that little fantasy of yours may forever be a fantasy." It isn't my fault she's the ideal. Why should I give up my dream of perfection? On her worst of days she could undo this writer's, writer's block, and make the story of our love the only story I wish to tell. But instead I may have to write a screenplay about it and it'd be "When Harry Met Sally" meets "Love Jones" meets "The Wood" meets "A Beautiful Mind", and that way I would get my happy ending.

All and all my B-Day was great. Thanks to Terrell and Bianca for showing me a nice time.

F.Y.I.
I plan to celebrate again, and again, and again with some special people in my life. Everyday I'm alive is in actuality a birthday because every second a new second, every minute a new minute, every hour a new hour, every day a new day, and every breath a new breath.

Not to long ago my mother asked her father my maternal grandfather if he thought he'd live to see me this aspiring broadcaster on television. The 77-year-old man replied, "Yes, I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon." Me neither granddad, I don't plan on going anywhere too permanent anytime soon either, I have tooooooo much to live for, tooooooo much to look forward to, too much life to live.

P.S.

Thanks for the well wishes and support and prayers. I felt it all.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

glad you had a good bday. being eye-candy is tiring for men too? that's a new one.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Oh you heard me whistlin at you?? Sorry playa. Couldn't help it. ;)

Happy 20th playboy! Can't say that I would wanna go back to that age...but I'm sure the new decade will look great on you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home