Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Final Week

We're six days out from returning to the states, well
most of us anyway. Some people will be staying over
and meeting up with family and friends. As I write
this it is just after midnight and the beginning of a
new day, Tuesday, June 20, 2006. Good mornting in the
words of Madea.

Yesterday the girls who had gone away from Venice
returned to Cagli. It was fun to sit down and here
some of the things that Ashley one of the students
from Gonzaga experienced while there. Also yesterday
most people submitted their videos for final approval.
Some people are still working on their final cuts as I
type this. Once I was done on Sunday night, I
estatically yelled, "Praise God!" When I called my
mom, I told her that no one could doubt that I had
been raised baptist and she laughed. I told some of
the students I felt like a rapper accepting an award
saying "I'd like to thank God, my mother....". LoL. To
celebrate I had a glass of sangue e Juda, well two
glasses :-) (relax its only wine which is customary
here in Italy), but the second one was horrible.
Sangue e Juda I know is supposed to mean Jesus's
blood, I hope my Italian was right in typing that.

Last night I called my mother again once I read an
e-mail in which she told me that her aunt, and my
great aunt had passed away. My Aunt Glennie was my
granddad's oldest sister. I remember meeting her once
at my family reunion when I was still very young. My
grandfather always speaks fondly of all his sisters,
so I can only imagine how he's feeling, I don't think
I'll be home in time for the service, it will probably
be later this week. My grandfather would undoubtedly
tell me my focus should be here in Italy, on doing
well in school, and ensuring that I and other members
of our family have opportunities that he and his
sisters and brothers did not have. So I shall focus
and ride this horse and buggy out with class.

Our final day of classes begins tomorrow. People keep
asking if my Italian has gotten any better. I can say
"Ciao," I can order saying "Per Favorie", I always say
"Grazie". Every now and again I find myself having to
say "Excusa". Really we could spend four weeks
studying Italian, and I definitely need more time to
study the language. Oh and I have homework that needs
to be done ooops.

So excited about the week though.

Cooking class tomorrow. Double cooking class fried
olives at 2pm, regular cooking class at 6pm.

Wednesday is school stuff and shopping at the open air
market because it's "Market Day".

Thursday we're being hosted by the Mayor of Urbino. I
have a feeling we'll be there all day. I definitely
need to buy a colored shirt. More money to spend. I
have spent 260 Euros which is somewhere over $335 on
gifts, and I'm not done yet. I don't want to look at
the balance on my account. I had planned on bringing
some wine back, but there's some concern I won't be
able to because I am a minor.

Mmm we shall see.

Friday finishing up the work.

Saturday is the closing banquet and packing.

Sunday is finishing up everything.

Monday it's back to the states.

TTYS.

An update when I can.

Ciao

CNEL

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

5 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger Darren Sands said...

Word, you are fortunate to have gotten to Europe man. Props to you bro. A lot of black men aint making it out of states nowadays haha.

Safe trip back homey.

 
At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a bottle of wine!!!! I better get one or else!!! J/k lol

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

you're supposed to drink in europe. stop sweatin it. and your grandfather is right.

 
At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes ma'am Jameil, yes ma'am.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

You almost done?? Damn seems like you just got there. Well you better spend one more euro on my postcards dammit. I'll pay you back, damn! lol

Enjoy it baby!
Proud a ya!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home