Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

This Day

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Currently ListeningThe Love Experience
By Raheem DeVaughnBelieve

Okay so today has been a very interesting day.

I didn't go to bed until 2am this morning because my apartment was bombarded with refugees excuse me evacuees from the dorms next door. It seems some bright future military man decided to hang his uniform from a sprinkler thus setting off sprinklers and flooding a series of apartments. This meant that the school effectively evicted students from their apartments overnight, and our couch and living room floor became bedrooms. After all the commotion I turned it in.

Then I woke up at 7:30 for my 8am and 9:25 classes. I grabbed a pop tart and headed to the 8am, thank God my adviser is a great teacher, and an insightful and entertaining person, or else my motivation would be shot by 9:15 every Tuesday and Thursday.

After my 8am and 9:25 it was back to the room to shower, change, skim reading for the 1:40 class, and then it was work off campus. That is where I was forced to stand outside for close to a hour in temperatures somewhere around 30 degrees, and trust me it felt like I was going to freeze. I don't get why kids want to play in bitter temperatures, but it's my job to make sure they don't hurt themselves or each other, yay me!

I grabbed a ham sandwich, ate some BBQ chips, and drunk some pineapple soda. (No I'm not being funny) And now I'm at my on campus gig at the radio station.

Today about five days before the end of classes is when it seems I have realized that I probably overextended myself just a bit this semester. Umm that may in part be due to the fact that my 9:25 teacher was giving out status reports as it regards to grades and all he felt fit to say to me was, "You may want to consider doing something else (the optional final exam/paper) because I know you do better than that. I know you understand all this stuff." Umm Theatre History isn't as simple as it seems, and neither is our teacher. Ah he just reminded me that I have four other teachers who I have to attempt to please before next week. Ummm yea it's finals time. The only good thing about finals is winter break, which means the halfway mark for sophomore year. Ummm yea I'm bout to be on my grind for like two weeks, and then I'm breaking. After the 22nd I will be incognegro until after the new year. Ummm yea dats how it is.

Aiight time to play DJ and voicetrack here at the station.

To who all who have finals, papers, and projects best wishes go head and beast em. You're in my thoughts and prayers too!
-CNEL

P.S.
Raheem DeVaughn's "Believe" is the song of the week. Check out these lyrics it's like whoa:

Artist: Raheem DeVaughn
Album: The Love Experience
Year: 2005

Title: Believe

With affection like a dreamer
with patience and understanding like a teacher with a student,
vice versa promise not to hurt you,
not to leave not to lie, not to cheat,
not to fuss not to stress, like the rest in your past

Believe me I ain't like most men
I ain't like them others
you then dealt with in the past
just have some faith
that is all I ask, believe in me
(repeat)

why go searching, else where lurking
when you been hurtin for the real thing
since I'm here before your eyes
lets make love to survive

I be something like the rebirth
of love with a twist
it started with a simple kiss
what could be more precious
then the rebirth of love

Chorus (repeat)
Believe in me
Believe in me, just try...try
believe in me Chorus (repeat)

I got another way I want to tell you

lately I have been thinking
about this crazy world,
being one step away from war
So tonight baby, I want to make love to you
Like this world is coming to an end
and if we should die tonight, In the next life
I'm gonna love you the same
Ain't nothin gonna change

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

well, every experience in life should serve to teach you something. so now you have learned that you need to make cnel time. the challenge is not to make the same mistake twice. don't spread yourself too thin. you won't get these years back!! lol i sound so elderly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home