Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Making The News Today

Ok, so I was hired by the campus radio station as a news anchor. I am still holding out hope that I get a position with the campus television station. TV remains my first love. Thanks to my time over at Channel 2 I have grown to love broadcasting. While it's hard work, while it's demanding, and while it's sometimes stressful, it's a rewarding vocation. I always remember the words of the Rev. Peter J. Gomes who said, "Vocation is where the world's great need meets your great joy." The world is in need of truth. The world is in need of information and knowledge with which they can make informed decisions and grow wise, strong, and powerful in their own right. That is why I feel honored to be in the position where I can help inform others.

Well today was good, but it wasn't great. I went in to record my first news update. The news updates are five minute reports of the news which are slated to run at the top of every other hour. While I got five minutes worth of important news which ranged from international to national to local to campus coverage, I read it waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to fast. I have a problem with speaking a million miles per second. I always joke it's because I was a premie. I was two months earlier, and when I was four and five regularly attended speech therapy. So now I tell people when they say I'm speaking too fast that I'm making up for lost time. Sometimes I really get too excited. I feel like I have so much to share with the world, and that I only have their attention for so long. I know, I know, if it's worth saying then it's worth hearing. And those who want to know will listen, but still I feel pressure to reach as many people as possible.

Well anyways it doesn't seem that the news updates aired at all today, despite the fact that I worked for quite sometime recording, and then worked with my boss to do some editing. I'm hoping it was a technical matter that prevented me from getting on the air today. I don't want to feel as if I'm wasting my time. Well I'm slated to anchor Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. So I'll work on pacing, work on delivering, and work on learning how to edit. I'm going to have to learn to be a one man band, I won't complain, one has to pay one's dues and one has to become prepared.

That's all for now.

I'll talk to you all later. Be blessed and stay strong.

-Christopher aka CNEL bka Chris

Hmm the quote of the day how appropriate for me:
Monday- If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. - U.S. Senator Barack Obama

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Congrats hun,it's a stepping stone to where I know you'll end up.

As far as talking too fast, don't feel bad. When I get upset I talk a mile a minute, and supposedly (although I don't agree), my accent gets real thick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home