Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ever End Up In A Place You Never Thought You'd Be?

Well that is exactly what happened to me, I'm in a place I never thought I'd be.

A year ago I had just arrived on the campus of Loyola College in Maryland. The experience was surreal not because it was college, but because it was my college. I can remember for years driving by the campus and saying I would never go there, yet it is where I found myself. I had always imagined myself taking on college in DC, Philly, Atlanta, somewhere just not good ol Baltimore, yet it is where I ended up.

I admit for quite sometime I was bitter, I was distraught about not ending up where I thought I would. I wanted Howard, I wanted Temple, I wanted Clark Atlanta, I wanted anywhere but Baltimore. My first year was bad I had the roommate from hell, for the first time in my memory I was disenchanted with pursuing my education, and I just didn't try. I was fed up with not getting what I wanted. I was so fed up, I didn't see the lesson that was being taught to me. The lesson was very elementary, "We don't always get what we want, but something is better than nothing." If my freshman year in college taught me anything it was not to work the latest computer program (my worst class of freshman year), or how to write an a good easy (though I'm damn good at doing so), it taught me to make the best with what I have been given.

As I approach my sophomore year which commences when I move onto campus in just a few hours, I find myself a little bitter again. I find myself uninspired, a little tired from working two jobs for five months, and not really having any vaca, but I'm blessed. I'm blessed to be pursuing a quality education, I'm blessed to have good family and friends, I'm blessed to be alive, and I'm blessed to be me.

We don't always end up in the places we thought we would, but we do all learn to do things we didn't think we could.

I'mma do the dang thing this year because I can, because I must, and because I want to, but on my own terms.

This will probably be my last blog for a minute (my new comp won't be here for a minute, I'm told because of the Hurricane), but who knows I may be inspired and I may pop up before you and know it.

Keep me in your prayers, and I'll lift you up in mine.

Thanks to all.

Christopher (This is my name, I love my name) aka CNEL$ (My most commonly used nickname) bka Chris (This too is a nickname, it's not my name) aka Sherman (I was chunky and looked like Professor Klump of the Nutty Professor) bka Goody (my childhood nickname, it sure beat "baddy" and reverse psychology worked on my crazy @!) aka Visa (As was said I was chunky and according to friends "My butt [Insert Visa here] was everywhere you want to be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home