Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

My Life

Wassup Errbody,

As I write this it is now Saturday, September 10, 2005, 12:10 pm. I just got back from an Open House at WLOY, our campus radio station, which is directly behind my dorms. I went to the Open House in hopes of getting more information and possibly obtaining a position as either a DJ or a News Anchor. Things went well as I was offered the opportunity to train next week, make a demo, and then hopefully get a spot as a News Anchor. I hope that it all works out and within a few weeks I am once again anchoring the news.

I am so relieved that the first week of school is over. It seems no one told me that sophomore year would be this challenging. Already I feel as if I'll have to be on the grind. It's probably because I know that I'll need to balance school, work, extra curriculars, volunteering, and family time, with taking the time to do me. I know that's what's expected of me, but there is so much I want to do, which means it will take a lot for me to keep up. So far so good though, nothing really to complain about. I like my suite, though once again Student Life shafted me and gave me a mini-room. My roommates all seem cool, and my direct roommate seems to understand me or is attempting to begin to understand me, and I him. I don't know if coming off as a no nonsense, don't take no stuff type of guy will hurt me or help me, but it is me and I won't apologize for it.
So far, so good though. It's Saturday so I'll spend some time doing homework and then I'll probably try and head off campus, go down to Hopkins for an exhibit or take a bus or shuttle somewhere. So hope all is well with all of you. I will keep you updated on me as best and as often as I can.

Later,
CNEL

On My Mind: Tavis Smiley's talk from last night @ Morgan State
The victims of Hurricane Katrina
The anniversary of 9-11
My life, my family, my true friends, my potential

Thoughts for Today: "All my skinfolk, ain't my kinfolk." -Zora Neale Hurston
"When and where I enter, the whole race enters with me."- Anna Julia Cooper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home