Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Reflection

It is Sunday, September 11, 2005, four years after the 9-11 attacks on the Pentagon and World Trade Center. Today many took the time to honor those who died, honor their lives, and take hold of the memories. Memories are all they have and four years later the pain is still there. The anniversary of 9-11 coupled with the death and destruction that was caused by Hurricane Katrina almost seems like too much to bear. It seems these events punctuate the fact that we are living in perilous times, times which we have no control over. It's times like these that remind me that we can't control the events and circumstances that often make up our life, but we can control the role we play in our own lives. It's times like these that remind me of the power of one. The power I have to create my own destiny and secure my own legacy. I am not perfect, I am far from it. I have not yet gotten to where I want to be or even where I need to be, but at night I pray that one day I will reach my height. And each day I look up, I stand up, I step up, and I speak up, because I refuse to let anyone put a limit on my purpose and my destiny.
For some reason I feel that in the next few weeks and months I will be tested. I feel as if I will have doubters, detractors, and quite frankly haters, but they can't stop me, and they won't stop me. People wonder why I am the way I am. I am this way because it's how I'm supposed to be. I can't live my life wondering and worrying about others. I must my live with the hope that I am being true to myself, my faith, my family, and my friends.

I am who I am and who I am is strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home