Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Checking In

Hello all, I know it's it's been a minute.

I don't know why after nearly four years of blogging my posts have become so sporadic.

But anyway I decided it was about time for me to check in.

Life these last few weeks has mostly revolved around work and my volunteer duties.

I think I've talked about it before but my apprenticeship ended in February after seven months, when it should have been six (I got an extra work due to the time I took off for volunteer board service).

My supervisors asked me to stay on as a freelancer and work as a fill-in web producer while two of my colleagues were on maternity leave.

Well one of my colleagues delivered a week and a half ago and the other is set to go in for a c-section tomorrow. Also we have a gay couple at work who adopted a baby boy last week. Talk about a baby factory.

It's great though that I'll be filling in for the ladies while they're out. I'll get more hours and have an opportunity to make money to save up to maybe get an apartment, have money for the journo conference later this summer, and possibly pursue graduate school.

Lately the idea of going to law school has been floating around in my head. Before I got the journalism bug I always said I wanted to be a lawyer. Growing up I idolized Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, in part because like me he's from Baltimore.

I jokingly still tell people that I'm still deciding what I'll be what I grow up. Truthfully, I'm grown up, but I'm also still deciding which path to take.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home