Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where I've Been

It has been a minute since I posted.

Let's see what has happened in my life to explain why I haven't blogged.

I worked every day from last Wednesday the 17th until today the 25th. It was crazy because last week I worked the assignment desk and wrote for the 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. shows. That was okay because it's what I've been doing for the last several weeks. People still don't believe that I write the news which news anchors and reporters read, but I do. Okay, admittedly at first it was weird to hear people read the words I had written. Then I realized I had no time to be amazed because I had more stories to write.

Last weekend I worked the assignment desk and we had breaking news when a former City Councilman was shot and killed outside a popular jazz club. I was supposed to be training so that I can fill in on the weekend assignment desk. Lord, I hope if I do ever fill in no breaking news happens which I cannot handle. Let's pray I get more comfortable flying solo.

Then Monday I returned to work for the sixth straight day, and there's drama. My boss calls me over and asks me if my co-worker and I both worked my full shift on Sunday. We definitely did. Then she told me to step it up because I quite honestly like chilling in the cut from time to time. She told me she wanted to see me being more aggressive because this is the time where they begin looking to see if my six month apprenticeship will become a permanent job.

On Tuesday I worked 9 to 5, then I went to see House Speaker Nancy Pelosi speak at a local library. I went along with one of the best friends. It was cool because no matter your political persuasion you have to be proud of the fact that a woman was able to become one of the most powerful elected officials in our nation's history. The Speaker shook my hand and signed a copy of her new book "Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters". I thought it important to go and to show that sons, brothers, husbands are so proud of the accomplishments of their mothers, sisters, and wives.

That same night I got a message, which offered me the opportunity to become a blogger for a local newspaper site. It'd also mean contributing to the print paper.

Wednesday I told my bosses about the blogging opportunity. Hopefully my bosses at the T.V. station don't disapprove. Prayers said, fingers crossed. I really want to do it!

On Wednesday I was also reminded about this weekend being really busy there's The Baltimore Book Festival a fab event I normally attend with my mother, who made me an avid reader.
There's also Unisun's Choir Contest. Then down in D.C. there's Congressional Black Causcus Legislative weekend.

So today I decided to definitely go to CBC Weekend cause a few friends are going. I got a room so I'm going down and staying Friday night, Saturday night, and coming back to Baltimore Sunday in time for work on Monday.

So hopefully my three day weekend is a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I have a friend who when to Coppin and work at the Baltmore Business Journal and me that congressman. He was very sad.

I, on the other hand, had decided that I wouldn't leave the Inner Harbor ever when I go there.

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

Bmore isn't nemore dangerous than most major cities.

Smart ppl r safe ppl.

Having said that loss of life is so tragic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home