Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

On My Way

So as I write this post I'm on the train back to Baltimore after spending the weekend in D.C. for the Congressional Black Caucus's Annual Legislative Conference. The four day conference is an annual event where the CBC sponsors workshops which highlight important issues, there's of course exhibits featuring various groups and vendors, and the conference also recognizes the achievements of the Caucus and the Caucus foundation.

It was great to attend for the first time.

On Friday I arrived in time to see a colleague speak on a panel, we went to a nearby restaurant for appetizers, I then checked in at my hotel, then there were the debate watch parties at the different hotels, capped off by drinks at an interesting pool hall in Chinatown.

On Saturday I stayed in til noon, then two friends and I scouted a location for a potential fundraiser, we had lunch at Hooters (the friends were female and they wanted wings), then we did a final drive-by of the convention center, sniffed out gala tickets, went to change, and came back for the gala.

I got a great seat thanks to a friend getting hooked up by her Congressman. This was great as Holly Robinson Peete and Rodney Peete co-hosted, Sen. Barack Obama spoke, Kerry.Washington was honored (sidebar: she fine as hell), and Patti LaBelle sang.

The after party in the Convention center was wack though. But it was great to see Betty "Tonight is the Night" Wright in person.

CBC goes on the calendar for next year, and I plan to stake my claim to tickets and passes in advance.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

that's hot! glad you had a good time! i hope you told rocky to make his way to UF.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Upwardly mobile african americans...how I miss thee. I need to get back near some SOON.

I'm glad you had fun.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"getting it" you stay on the go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home