Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It's Interview Season So To Speak

Earlier today I got interviewed for an alumni write up by my middle school. Yeah I'm young enough to still be connected to it, and old enough to be considered a success story.

It was funny because at one point they asked what advice I had for St. Iggy students. I said two things a) "be prepared" and b) "take things one day at a time". I said the first because if it's one thing going to a Jesuit, all boys school taught me (through competition) was to always be prepared for both the challenges and the opportunities which presented themselves.

At the same time taking things a day at a time allows two things. It allows one not to be overwhelmed by life's challenges, and it also allows one to savor life's opportunities and life's great moments.

Boy if I wish I could just take my own advice.

After the interview I hopped in the car and went to work.

Work was blah the usual. I wrote a few stories for the 4 and 5 o'clock shows.

Then I hopped in the car and went to interview for a freelance position. The opporunity is one I'd love to have. It would allow me to blog and write articles for print and web publication. I think my interview went well, though when anxiety, nervousness, and a slight bit of excitement set in my hands got cold and clammy.

Even though they probably think me a slight bit awkward, I think the interview went well. I hope I get it. I definitely want to continue in journalism as a multimedia journalist. Freelancing might also allow me to pursue my other passions.

Those who know me know I'm a man of multiple passions, a man of many talents, and a man with much to be grateful for.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger American Press said...

I have a feeling your last line showed in the interview.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home