Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Friday and I Want To Be "Gone With The Wind"

It's Friday and quite frankly I want to be "gone with the wind".

As I type this John McCain's running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is on T.V. addressing the nation. Since I'm working the desk I'm not listening to it, I'll likely listen to it after or better yet read it later. It's what I've done every time I've missed a speech. Sadly, I even fell asleep before Sen. Obama spoke last night. It's so sad I'm like a narcoleptic old man.

On another note, if I have to answer another telephone call, from someone complaining that CBS is preempting "The Young and the Restless" I'm going to scream or cuss someone out.

"What's going to happen to the soaps?"

Can I say I don't care? Is that allowed or is it unprofessional? I don't know if I have the T.V. news temperament. Every time someone calls and claims that it's important, that it's urgent, it's life and death.

I'm always tempted to go old school and say, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," as spoken by Clark Gable in GONE WITH THE WIND.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home