Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sometimes Life Just Is

You know what I haven't quite mastered.



You know how sometimes, someone will ask how's it going?



There are times when I have nothing, nothing to say.



Maybe I'll start saying, "nothing much." But that seems so plain, so vague, so empty.



You know life after graduation has been pretty uneventful.



I'm still trying to find my way I guess you could say.



Work has been okay these last few weeks. I was on 11am to 7pm at the end of last week. Can we say boring? After about 5 I hate being in the newsroom. This week coming luckily I'm back to

more normal hours 10am to 6pm.



As for a social life, that's pretty much non-existent. If someone else asks me about my non-existent dating life, I'm going to bust someone in the head. No, I just feel like I need to get to a point where I'm enjoying all facets of my life before really even looking to brighten up someone else's life.



I've decided though in the coming weeks I need to bring a bit of order to my life. I have to start eating three meals a day, I have to start exercising (I haven't decided if I'm joining my college's gym or the YMCA), I also have to put myself on a budget (their's the cell phone bill, car insurance, gas, lunch, upcoming student loans, etc.), and I need to start saving. Everyone needs that safety net.

My main goal is not to let life get too monotonous.

As for this weekend it was pretty uneventful. I had momma's home cooking breakfast one day blueberry pancakes, and dinner one day pork chops, sweet peas, rice-a-roni, and sweet potatoes.

I also finally got the chance to watch season five of "The Wire" it was the season where the show focused on giving an in depth look at the media. "The Wire" remains one of my fav shows of all time.

Oh and I watched the movie "Broadcast News", I'm trying to answer what's my favorite movie about T.V. news. Yea I'm a bit nerdy with the journo films. But in the fall I took a class with Mark Bowden all about journalism in film. It was a great class and hipped me to some good movies out there.

That's all for now.

Hopefully my week ahead is somewhat exciting, just not too exciting.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

OMG!! Mark Bowden!! I have read "Black Hawk Down" like five times. Still better than the movie!! I know he's written more, but still my fave.

The only other one I read was about Pablo. Quite good also.

Work on the meals, but don't stress about the personal life. Our profession ain't that keen on it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home