Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sometimes in the morning...

Sometimes in the morning I wish I didn't have to get up and go anywhere, do anything. I wish I could levitate myself and escape to some place, where work didn't exist, where responsibility didn't exist, where I could just roam free. I don't know if that's called contentment, retirement, or insanity. I swear things have gotten a lot let lucid after college.
I get like this every now and again. I look at the clock then I realize that when it is that I wake up, shower, get dressed, and leave for work is closer than I'd like it to be. Sometimes in the morning I don't want to leave. I don't know if this is more than a case of the Monday blues. I had a long day, day today. I got up at around 6:15, showered, ate breakfast and got dressed. Then I left.
I got to work around 8:30 and left the office around 5:15. It was a crazy day. I was on the assignment desk which was already not one of my favorite places. I absolutely detest answering the phones. Between obnoxious and arrogant reporters, crazy callers, and just plain rude people it takes a lot for me to hold back on offering up a good old Bmore cuss out. I joke that some of the dirty mouth people have taught me how to cuss. Naw I went to prep school and lived in a boys dorm in my teen years, those really are the formative years. I was therefore exposed to a lot of not so nice behaviors.
After work I went and looked for a car. I'm looking to invest in my first hoopty haha.
Aside from that I just chilled spent time with my aunt and cousin, and saw another one of my older cousins.
I've always been doing a lot of thinking about love, life, relationships.
As far as love goes I'm quite sick of people suggesting that in order to be a truly successful and contented person you have to be in a relationship. I don't want my worth as a man to be measured by whether or not I'm dating.
Then there's life I've been thinking a lot about needs and wants. It's so easy to blur the line between the two. Sometimes what I "need" is only what I "think I need". Sometime's it's really a want. And then there are times when what I need, is something I don't feel as though I need at the moment.
As far as relationships. No I'm not dating and truth be told I'm becoming less pressed. Summer is coming to an end and I don't really feel as though I spent much q.t. (quality time) with friends. As I've begun work, some have spent time away, and others have moved on with life after grabbing the diploma, the time we've spent together has dwindled. Then there's family. Oh my goodness. I have a huge family, being at college has made me forget in some ways, and then being thrown back in the middle of a huge family, has had its challenging. I think I had to adjust more this time than I did when I went away and came back from boarding school.
All the things happening in my life remind me it's important to have an okay relationship with self. I used to dread those moments when I'd have to pull away, and just have time for self. Maybe not dread, but more loathe what others might think. Now you know conventional wisdom says everyone's supposed to love being surrounded by others. Yeah right. Sometimes you just want to shut it all down, all of those around you, and just have peace of mind. However temporary.
There are times in my day when I just want to escape. Sometimes I wish I could just escape if only for five minutes. I'm about to start taking those bathroom breaks, where you don't really go to the bathroom, where instead you just break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home