Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, April 25, 2008

One Tired...Hot Mess

In the words of Mimi I'm officially a hot mess.

I have two more weeks then I believe I'll sleep a whole hell of a lot well when I'm not checking out residents, doing room inspections, and b.s. like that.

I am so tired.

So drained.

I've decided I'm not doing any of the senior events namely going to the beach for senior week nor paying $70 to go to the semi-formal. It's not simply because I see both as a waste of money I really don't have to spend but I am not the beach type nor the prom type. I'm sure I'll be called everything but a child of God. I'll be called wack, boring, or prude. But I don't give a rat's ...

So back to the reasons I'm tired:

Yesterday

I went to my high school at 8:30 to interview people for my independent study project.

At 4:00pm I left to go to the wake for a friend's mother who died from breast cancer. For once in my life I was speechless. I mean I really couldn't even say more to her than I would pray for her and her family. I felt so much sadness because I know how much my friend's mother meant to her. I mean everyone's mother should theoretically hold a special place in their heart, but it's not always the case. My friend though loved her mother so. Her mom was only 66 I believe, the only daughter of a 83 year old mother who survived her. She was also just months shy of 42 years of marriage. After this I was emotionally drained.

Then I had to rush back to school to attend my school's Student Choice Awards where student leaders are recognized by their peers. I was an hour and a half late. Everytime I spoke to give someone their award I fumbled at one point doing "blah blah blah" into the mic. Embarassing right? Yeah. I got an award though and it made me tear up. Imagine my grown ass crying because someone read something nice about me.

Then later that night I went out. Fantastic right? But I helped plan the Student Choice Awards and the co-planners wanted to celebrate. Given that a) I showed up to the event hella late and b) given that I didn't want to go to bed depressed I went out. But yeah not my scene...and umm yeah I hate bars.

But I hung with the cuties:




Today

I was supposed to be back out at my high school at 8:00. I overslept. At 8:15 I got a call. Uh yeah sorry. I got fussed out by my mentor when she say me after I arrived at 10:30.

I did more interviews for my independent study.

I saw some jail bait.

Then I came back here for my grad school interview. It went so, so. I'm in no way confident. I may apply to one more program.

Then I went to the campus T.V. station for a meeting and was late to the floor meeting I was supposed to help lead with another R.A..

I was a hot mess.

Now I'm probably not going to sleep because I haven't packed for the ATL because my life has been a hot mess.

So yeah today will be very long.

So I'm about to print my boarding pass, pack, shower, and not go to sleep before my ride gets here at 6am.

I know I'm insane. Let's hope I don't need to get committed before it's all said and done.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Yeah man, once these commencement ceremonies are over and such, you definitely need to take something resembling a break!

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

TWO T's buddy you have to get it right HOTT MESS! I just spoke to you last night and you did not tell me you was getting the grown man or in other words "FACIAL HAIR"!! Keep the facial hair up please b/c I like me some facial hair and it kills me when men dont have their facial hair together!

Sorry I ranted on that! But as always your busy and I'm proud of you!

 
At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuties? You hung out with cuties??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home