Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Awards and Stuff (Mostly Stuff)

A few hours ago we had our Student Life Staff End of the Year Banquet. I've been an RA since August and I really could have done without it. No really if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't. If I were in college one more year, no repeats here. Back to the ceremony a few people got awards, I didn't and I could really care less. You see I hate having undo attention drawn to me. I know I've talked about it before. That's such an odd statement "I hate having undo attention drawn to me", it's a bit of a twisted reality when I've basically spent the last four plus years studying to become a broadcast journalist.

Sticking with the subject of awards I'm not sleep yet because I had to write biosketches for two people getting awards at our school's Student Choice Awards ceremony on Wednesday. Yeah I'm apart of the group coordinating the awards so had the task of writing something nice to say for those two people. I'll be getting an award on Wednesday, haha, yeah it's supposed to be secret but when you're in the room when the judging goes on, it's hard not to know that you won. What I don't know however is what has been written and therefore what will be said about me. Hmmm. The suspense the suspense the suspense.

Ok maybe I should go to bed. I have an important breakfast in a few hours. One of the last breakfastes with the President of my college, and I intern tomorrow oh what fun.

Before I go:

I'm not catholic but the pomp and circumstance and pagentry of the catholic church fascinates me. I remember watching as they named the pope three years ago. And to watch the coverage of his trip which began right down the road from me in D.C. was cool. Also cool was that he was here to celebrate the creation of several archdioceses the oldest of which began here in my hometown good old Bmore. To be 81 the man was moving pretty fast. And his shoes were fly:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89732516



Also someone finally posted a clip I've search YouTube long and hard for. It's a clip of Phylicia Rashad singing at the fictitious Hillman College on "The Cosby Show." Her voice amazing, the scene amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AflsFMXcgHo

I've beginning to realize that I'm coming to think of tomorrow as forever. I think I am putting too much weight on the first job out of college. Yes it'll be a stepping stone, yes it'll be a milestone, but tomorrow is no longer forever. People have so many options and like cats we know have nine lives. Okay maybe not nine but maybe a good three. God willing I could have multiple careers when I'm trying to limit myself to just one.

That's all for now.



G'nite all.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

aww cnel making me proud! and werent you the one always going to bed early in IL.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

"I think I am putting too much weight on the first job out of college." duh, child.

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Dang boy, do you ever stop moving?

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

v: no. and i just got tired of telling him to say no and SIT DOWN!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home