Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby

Last weekend while away on business my colleagues and I of course had a moment to chill. During our chill session we had a few sips and we chatted about love, life, relationships, and of course the reason we were all assembled, our careers.

A large portion of our conversation centered on what it took for successful people, to be successful in all parts of their lives including relationships. Everyone assembled wanted to have a shot at the work-life balance.

At one point the question was raised if you could get paid a lot of money not to be unfaithful would you take the money or still stray. My response was that I wouldn't stray regardless because even though I don't desire to get married, I believe in being in a committed and monogamous relationships.

Later conversation turned to marriage and children. My friend A said she eventually wanted to get married just not soon, "There's nothing more better than coming home to a dark, empty apartment, not having to talk to anybody"

But then when we began talking about babies A offered up this gem, "I might have one for political purposes."I was like damn, atleast she honest. I don't want kids of my own. I plan to be the best godfather in the world and still get a tax benefit.

But don't despair because my friend who I call little Condi once said to me, "I'm going to take over Wall Street and then give it up and become the best treasurer the PTA has ever seen."

There could quite possibly be a generation of Americans who don't see the American dream as being the one with the white picket fence. It'll be up to us to decide what our American dream in fact is, and by then we'll all be called elitists.

My friend Dana posited, "Everyone wants the American Dream and when you achieve it you're elitist."

For those who are afraid of all of us young professionals avoiding being "Married with Children" a new generation shall replace us.

My little 3-year-old cousin wants a baby. I'm assuming a lot of little girls go through this phase and it's either why they have baby dolls or because they have baby dolls. But her mother, recounted for me the following convo:

My Cousin: "You can't have a baby until you grow up, finish college, and get married."

Her Daughter: "But you and Daddy not married."

Well I have no comment but I am signing up my little cousin to become the next culture analyst for one of the major networks.

And hopefully mommy and daddy will be married and setting a good example, before she really wants a baby, as they got engaged last weekend.


And then just for laughs:

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for, LOL

I think I want kids, but of course I have to date to get married first, and that seems like a far off fantasy right now.

 
At 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little cousins are hilarious!!!

You aint getting no tax benefit off my kids!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home