Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Usual and The Unusual

I'm sitting in my room doing the usual watching T.V., looking for jobs.

No. Not to make it seem like I have no life. It was just really important for me to watch "Eyewitness to Murder: The King Assassination".

I view this as important way to recognize the death of Martin Luther King forty years after the assissination after his death.

When I think of his death I think of how you measure a life. The measure of a man.

Sidney Poitier says his father said to him, ‘The measure of a man is how well he provides for his children.’

What then can be said if a man provides for a nation?

I'm so excited that CNN is looking at the measure of this man, albeit in death, they look at man's measure his legacy.

Everytime I think of my greatest achievements which are of course yet to come I remember the saying, "You can live for a cause, or you can live just because."

I hope to find my cause.

So it means so much to be able to sit here and do the usual, and to marvel at the unusual.

Oh and check out this website. I can't wait til June when CNN lays it down looking at what it means to be "Black in America" It means much, so much.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger Brittany said...

Nice thoughts written here.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

"What then can be said if a man provides for a nation?" love it. can't wait to watch the cnn replays at work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home