Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Paying My Dues

Mood:

Contemplative

Listening/Watching:



So Monday I have an interview for a part-time desk assistant position at a local T.V. station. As the desk assistant I'd work the desk from 4:00am to 8:30am three days a week. I'd then run the desk Saturday and Sunday's from 3:00pm to 11:30pm. There goes my already non-existent social life.

It's amazing to me how many reporters and anchors started their careers off this way. Shoot some producers worked overnights when they first got into the business. I have no problem with paying my dues. The only thing about this prospective gig is that I don't have a car. I therefore have no clue how in the hell I'd get to work on those mornings. Maybe a cab, but then I get to hoping that they pay me enough to offset the cost of that.

Ok but maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself. I don't even have the job yet. But I like to be the man with the plan. The whole things spring up thing is not for me.

So here's hoping I have something figured out before my interview on Monday.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Jarrod said...

Good luck on the interview. That's how I got my start in the business.

 
At 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make my money Cnel!!!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hope u get it brotha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home