Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend in D.C.

*Post 600

Listening: Ayiesha Woods "What You Do To Me"

Watching: Conversations with Michael Eisner on CNBC

Feeling: A tad bit overwhelmed, content, tired, exhausted.

I am oh sooooo tired.

Saturday:

I left Bmore for D.C. at 6:10 a.m. on Saturday morning but in order to be there on time I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to shower, iron, get dressed, and finish packing. I got picked up at 5:30 a.m. to make sure I got the train in time.

I got to D.C. at 6:50 a.m. and I made it to the place where I would be interviewed by 7:20 a.m. so I had ten minutes to spare.

I had my interview at 8:00 a.m. The interview went alright the interviewer expressed interest in me possibly pursuing another position within her organization, meaning one other than the one I applied for and I still don't know how I feel about it. On one hand I feel like I'm being picky. On the other hand I feel like by holding out for something which I really want to do I'm ensuring my ability to give 110%.




After my interview was over I took the subway to American University to spend time with my friend B.

I met up with her. We chatted and caught up. I saw her roommate Cori whose fab and funny. I also met a few of other friends. We ate. We napped. LoL I don't generally do naps but that one felt oh so good. Then because I am a 35 year old in a 21 year old's body we went to this place B. felt would be right up my alley. The place is called Bussboys and Poets. When we got there I liked the feel but the wait would be 45 minutes. We were also entertaining the option of going to visit my friend at Georgetown University so we didn't want to risk it. We'll do BB & P on my next visit.

So we went to Union Station and ate at Uno's.

Then we went back to American started watching a movie and I fell asleep.


Sunday:

We woke up.

We watched T.V. "Celebrity Fit Club".

We showered.

We went to eat.

Then we took the bus to Georgetwon.

B. left me to see, visit, and spend time with my "little sister" La.

We talked and caught up. Talked about our shared "crazy" friends.

Then we walked around G-town in part so she could think about whether or not she wanted to pursue a part-time job.

We ended up at Johnny Rockets which is one of her places, and has now been dubbed our spot, because we always end up there when I visit her.

I ended up having the Apple Pie shake which was muy fabuloso.


We acted up like we always do when we're together. We ended up having so much fun we lost track of time.

Because I had left my phone in her room I had to walk back to her campus. It was at this point that I knew I wouldn't be making the 8:30 train. I still had to go back to Tenleytown to get my things from AU.

I made it back there via bus and then checked the train schedule. I decided on the 10pm train. After getting my things I headed back to Union Station and made the 10pm train.

When I got back to Bmore I spent 20 minutes talking to my co-RA who is the RA for the other end of the hall.

Then I went and talked to some of my residents.

Then I called my mother.

Then I e-mailed my boss to ask for a day off from my internship to finish my grad school app.

Now I'm about to go to bed since I've updated you all about my life.

I have a 6:30 wakeup call. Yay for 5 hours of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home