Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, March 24, 2008

A J.O.B.?

Mood: Chills

Listening/ Watching:








So I had my interview at the T.V. station today.

I was up front with the interviewer told her I don't have a car so was unsure of how I would get there at 4am three days a week.

She interviewed me anyway.

It turns out she knows one of my mentors, and a guy who works at the current internship.

That says to me it is about who you know, so you can show what you know.

After talking to me about my experiences, she gave me a tour of the newsroom. She also let me sit at the assignment desk, showed me their computer system, and let me listen to the scanners.

She really liked me and wanted to give me the job but I don't have a car. That sucks.

She even said to me, "I'm not even worried about you learning the stuff...a lot of the time I get resumes from people who've never been in newsrooms and you well have some experience."

Fingers crossed something works out.

I'm playing the lotto tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger shani-o said...

Good luck with the lotto! (And look at you, all professional and stuff!)

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

you betta do more than cross those fingers!! lol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home