Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, February 11, 2008

This Chelsea Business



I'm pretty neutral on this race thus far. I'll do a bit of research overnight before I go to vote tomorrow.

I am however annoyed by this Chelsea business.

So if you watch the above clip you'll see what the reporter said about Chelsea Clinton. I see how it can be seen as offensive, but I think there has been an overreaction. I understand the fine line journalists must walk, because we aren't commentators. At the same time public figures can't pick and choose when to be public figures.

Chelsea Clinton isn't the 12 year old kid she was when her father became president, she's a grown woman. I don't think its fair she can stump for her mother and not be expected to be exposed to criticism. Candidates wives or other supporters are being talked to and talked about. I don't think it's fair that the Clinton's continue to insist that the media be hands off Chelsea. She's a grown woman she should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

I think in this instance the Clintons are somewhat playing the media for some press.

5 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Blogger shani-o said...

Ok, as a journalist, I think his comment was completely inappropriate. There are plenty of other terms he could have used to convey the same meaning, but instead, he went for the easy and misogynistic terminology.

And you know how I feel about Obama and the Clintons... but that wasn't appropriate criticism.

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

HELLOOOOOO!! that is totally what they're doing. while it may not have been appropriate, she is taking it to new levels ridiculously.

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

The "pimped out" statement was considered innappropriate? Whateves. They've said worse.

What's innappropriate is Bill throwing a fit everytime he's ask a real question about his wife.

Soooo....you're still confused as to who you're voting for?

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger CNEL said...

@ Shani: I just agree with Barbara WaWa aka Barbara Walters, that he made a mistake and journalists or live commentators make mistakes. I think personally he was qualifying the actions not the person.

@ J: new level, new level, new level.

@V: Let's just say I voted on Tuesday.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger CNEL said...

@ Shani: I just agree with Barbara WaWa aka Barbara Walters, that he made a mistake and journalists or live commentators make mistakes. I think personally he was qualifying the actions not the person.

@ J: new level, new level, new level.

@V: Let's just say I voted on Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home