Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I Almost

I almost quit my job as an RA on multiple occassions.

Saturday morning: I get awaken by a fellow RA @ 8:30am to help clean her lounge which is trashed including cookies crushed into carpet. My own lounge is a little disshevled. So I take the remote control to the big screen TV. I then forbade students from watching T.V. or playing videogames. Yes, I confiscated the videogames. I said if I caught someone during either they'd have a judicial hearing.

Know what these mofo's did.

Wrote notes such as

"We don't need a TV to make a mess" and taped it to the bigscreen.

TOOK IT DOWN.

Then came

"40,000 a year?"

TOOK IT DOWN.

and

"44,000 a year? (Do not remove)"

I TOOK THAT DOWN TOO.


Sunday: I used about half of my four month budget to buy pizza for the Super Bowl party. I then let them watch the Superbowl.

Monday: I woke up to see part of my bulletin board was ripped down. I refuse to redo it.

These little spoiled rich kids blow me. I'm so through.

I only have class one day a week I can sure as hell commute til May. Don't try me.

If there's one thing I don't do it's disrespect.

I repeatedly told residents when they asked when and if they were getting the T.V. back.

"If people continue to act like children, I will treat them like children. If people choose to act like adults, I will treat them like adults."

That is all.

7 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Blogger La said...

My sister was an RA for a couple years at Howard and I almost came to blows with some of them over how they treated her. I can only imagine that it's 100 times worse with spoiled, entitled rich kids.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Chris said...

that's why I never wanted to be an RA, because somebody would have their face rearranged, early.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

um... yeah... i think you should just let it all go. don't let other people's actions get you all jacked up. my r.a. was soooo laid back soph. yr. she was a sr. and didn't let anything get her attitude out of wack. it was great.

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let them run you up out of there. That is what they want you to do, quit. Stick in there. You are no quitter.

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I woulda wrote so many mofos up, I'da had carpel tunnel.

I don't play with little kids.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lmao they still bad ass kids..you a good one for the job b/c it couldnt be me i would be fired for fighting!

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Keep at it, like others have said, if you quit, they would have won. This is your trial by fire Btw, I saw your resume tape finally, good luck with getting a position!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home