Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Words of the Week

Sunday -“In this severe trial I had constant access:. to God, and a clear consciousness that he heard me …” Julia A. J. Foote, early African American woman preacher, from “A Brand Plucked from Fire”

Monday- “The greatness of peoples springs from their ability to grasp the grand conceptions of being. It is the absorption of a people, of a nation, of a rare, in large majestic and abiding things which lifts them up to the skies.” – Alexander Crummell, early African American preacher

Tuesday- “When I was about eight, I decided that the most wonderful thing, next to a human being, was a book.” – Margaret Walker, author

Wednesday - “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.” – August Wilson, playwright

Thursday – “One thing I learned from The New York Times and I learned from MacNeil/Lehrer — in the good journalistic institutions — is to respect my audience, my consumers. I've found in South Africa, in the most poverty-stricken communities, they often speak 11 languages or 10. They also have a very sophisticated understanding of their own condition, and you just have to give them that. You have to be able to listen.” – Charlayne Hunter-Gault, journalist

Friday - “College ain't so much where you been as how you talk when you get back.” –Ossie Davis, actor, civil rights activist

Saturday- “I try to teach my heart not to want things it can't have” – Alice Walker, author

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

the most wonderful thing, next to a human being is SO a book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home