Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Breaks are for TV

So apparently breaks from school are for catching up on T.V.

I remember my television viewing habits first got disrupted in middle school. I had a 5:45 a.m. wake up call and had to be at school at 7:30 a.m. I didn't out of school til about 5:00, would leave school by 5:15, and wouldn't hit my doorway until between 6 and 6:30 thanks to the subway ride to the bus ride home. So when I finally hit the doorway I would go up to my room watch the evening news usually with Tom or Peter. Then I would eat dinner and start homeowrk. Whatever came on T.V. past 8:00 would be what kept me company as I busted out homework. I remember many a day falling asleep on my bed with the books under me and the T.V. still on. My mother would always come in and turn the T.V. off. I'd always wake up at like 4:00 a.m. to finish whatever homework didn't get done the night before.

Then when it was time to go to high school it was off to boarding school. In high school the only shows I remember watching pretty reguarly were whatever came on UPN Monday nights from Eve to Girlfriends to All of Us to One on one. Then there were my staples such as Boston Public and Judging Amy. My mother would tape everything and I would watch it on the weekend visits home.

Then in college I kind of started watching T.V. again. For the last several years it's really been all about Grey's. But now between classes, working after school, being an R.A., and other commitments I again can't keep up with everything.

Thanks to online I can catch up on Grey's (sorry to the striking writers).

Thanks to cable news (on their good days) and thanks also to the Internet I'm never without the news.

Thanks to holiday marathons I've been able to catch up on:
Run's House
Life in the Fab Lane

Gotta love the Simmonses.

And thanks to TLC I've been produced to a new fave:

John and Kate Plus 8 on TLC
Gotta love folks who can raise that many kids and still be sane.

Also, it's been great to watch the MTV craziness such as True Life and even though I detest BET when I flip and "Hell Date" is on I'm occassionally entertained.

But sadly I don't have HBO so when "The Wire" returns tomorrow I'll be out of the loop. I might need to find somewhere with free HBO a bar or somewhere. I might not enjoy "The Wire" withdrawal.

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

John and Kate Plus 8 is fab. its my new love.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger CNEL said...

The wife makes me laugh.
The husband makes me laugh harder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home