Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An Update on Me



Last night I spent a few hours talking to my buddies Matt and Zach. The three of us were roommates this past summer when we interned at a television station in Illinois. Those guys are hilarious. We're all so different but yet we're so much alike. There are few people who can make me push aside the things I am doing, the things I should be doing, or things I want to be doing, to spend time talking on the phone. These guys make the cut.

Matt (the one in the black shirt) makes the cut because he refers to himself as "The Italian Stallion" occassionally wears his hair slicked back so he looks like a member of the mob.

Then drops gems like this:

They were stoners.
And you know I know a stoner when I see one.
-Matt G.

Then there's Zach (the one in the blue shirt). Zach has a crazy sense of humor and perhaps an even crazier laugh. He's well remember for this quote during our internship. When writing teases (those things anchors read when we tell you why you should keep watching "Coming up..." we were always told to be punny and play on words. So once someone used a pun out loud and Zach responded:

That was a pun not intended in a pun based atmosphere.
-Zach G.

Okay so maybe you had to be there.

So anyways I'm nearly done fall semester 2007. Nearly done my seventh semester of college. I have one more final, a take home in Sociological Theory. The only reason I didn't drop that doozy is because I love the professor. I detest take homes though I swear you stress out and put more into it than you would a regular in class final.

There's one thing that is to be said about the finals period. When I don't feel like studying I always have something "productive" I could be doing. I've been using the study breaks to catch up on what my friends have been doing.

So big ups to all my super successful friends, because in being so successful, they make me look good.

Big ups to Ashley our fave reporter at Newsweek who was recently featured on MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22283443#22283443

Big ups to Afi who is now a blogger for BET.com

blogs.bet.com/lifestyle/vitalsigns

I love having super successful friends, they give me something intelligent to talk about.

Super successful friends also inspire you to up your game.

I'm beginning the job application process.

It's crazy I've had multiple people mention non-journalism related gigs to me, and no journalism related gigs. It's making me a tad nervous.

I plan to bust out the resume tapes over winter break and work to get packets together so I can blow people away come March.

So that said I will leave that stress for another day.

I'm soooooo ready for break. I need a break from the campus grind. I need a break from some of the people. Why am I always that guy? That guy you call to vent. That guy whose supposed to entertain you. That guy that keeps you company. I so need to make myself unavailable for some people, mainly crazy ass college women. I'm thinking of a self-imposed sabbatical from 12-21 until after the New Year. This would mean not doing diddly squat for anybody. I might just need to take some time.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Keep your phone on vibrate or silent all of the time. You'll miss calls from a bunch of those naggin' ass people.

AND DON'T CALL THEM BACK!

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you. After college those women dont get any better. I have training in the ways of older women.

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Chris said...

we been telling you to take time for yourself for how long now? Bet you'll listen to us now, won't you? College women are who we thought they were, to steal a phrase from an NFL coach. When you get women in their 30 playing teenager games, that's when you know you're screwed.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

all i got to say to matt is PLEZ! and thats why you have that ignore option...use it, it really helps at times

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

while you're breaking, can i get some too??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home