Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'll Miss It



Today was my last day ever as an Extended Day Counselor.

For two and a half years (minus summers) I have gone 3 to 4 times a week to work at a local private school.

For me it was more than just being a babysitter.

I've tried my hardest to be a disciplinarian, a mediator, a facilitator, a teacher, a tutor, a friend when one was needed, a listener when one was needed, a talker when one was needed.

I always did my best to just be their, to be fully present.

So times I got it wrong, other times I got it right.

Often I was called "mean" but when I pressed them they acknowledged that I was mostly always "fair".

I'll miss the young one's.




There's something to be said about their honesty, their forthrightness, their lack of fear, their belief in their invincibility, and above all when I was able to see they believed in me.




So when one of my bosses reminded the 1st and 2nd graders that when I left they wouldn't see me for a while. I almost cried for real. The eyes got misty. A few tears came. But then I manned up. I couldn't go out like that!

As I have come to realize recently I'm much more attached and more invested in some things than I originally thought.

The experience as hard as it was, as frustrating as it was, I can truly say it was a blessing.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

awwww!! adorable!

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Awww. Do you know I went on this mission trip to mexico in college and everytime we left, the kids would cry. I have like a million pictures.

I spent most of the time playing and talking to the children then church stuff and it was the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home