Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Almost the Day From Hell

Listening: Chrisette Michele, "Your Joy"
Doing: Blogging, Flipping Channels, Wondering Why I Woke Up After Only 5 Hours of Sleep

Thinking: About Going Home, My Momma, My Family, My Friends, Shooting and Editing Later Today, My Campaign, My Career, Lack of a Love Life

Yesterday was almost the day from hell.

I had to be at work at 7am and woke up at 6:56. Work is about a five minute walk.

All I had time to do was throw on some clothes, and wash my face.

I made it to work by 7:10.

My day went well until about 12:00 when it seems I forgot to do part of my job for the morning. I ended up staying until about 12:30. Why? Because I'm responsible and respect the contributions I make to what we do.

Then I went to the ATM. Then I picked up my computer from the shop. I spent $75 on something I could have apparently done myself. The good news is, its working for the most part. Prayers offered up, fingers crossed.

Then I grabbed lunch a cheese steak sub, and an iced tea. When it says iced and tea, I think sweetened, and I hate when restaurants think otherwise.

I came home checked e-mail, and downloaded a few songs.

I showered, and got dressed. I was looking quite dapper. Ivory jacket, blue and white checkered shirt, yellow tie, khakis, and brown (chocolate colored) slip ons.

Then I went back to work and ran the audio board for the first time. I wasn't HORRIBLE but I wasn't EXCELLENT.

After that I was supposed to anchor the 5 minute taped cut-in which plays around 10:00pm, and the 1 min taped cut-in which plays the next morning. Generally whoever anchors it, produces it as well. That was not the case this time, I wasn't assigned to and I didn't. Whoever produced didn't have my scripts done. So I had to do them myself. As I finished, someone came in to rush me. I flipped out and brought a little too much Baltimore to Illinois. I said a whole lot of m fer's so I was told. I was so heated I didn't remember. I mean how dare people in the control room rush me because someone else didn't do their job. Dang it take freaking responsibility, and don't put it off on anyone else. Yes, it's Friday. Yes people want to go home, but don't you dare put it all on me.

Then as I sat on set, someone got upset because there was one story in the script for the 1 minute show. They asked was I supposed to do it? I said no, why because I knew for a fact that I wasn't. That sent me off again. One co-worker later said she could see on the monitor how p o'ed I was. She told people in the control room because obviously they were oblivious to it. They still didn't get the point.

In the meeting I defended myself because I hate being accused of not doing my job or being unprofessional.

Might I add this crap I had to do with is usually avoided when the News Director is in. Let her take a personal day, and then people show their behinds. Ticked me the heck off.

Then I had to make two points. THIS IS WHERE I LOST COOL POINTS. I was a little chocked up as I lectured and ranted in a post-show meeting with my fellow interns on 1) talking to people in a way which is demeaning, degrading, condescending or disrespectful and 2) not taking responsibility and being accountable, people don't communicate then stuff goes wrong, and they are unwilling to accept blame, they only want to take credit when something goes right.

That irks me beyond belief.

I ended up walking back to our apartment complex and talking with the two black female interns. Then we decided we'd watch "The Boys of Baraka" together. Then people's pre-gaming began. They insisted we come over to one of the intern's houses though none of us drink. We sat on the coach bored, and thinking why did we come? It's tricky, you get accused of being anti-social but truth be told you're not socializing. AGAIN, I ASK WHO DRINKS BEER. Yuck. The "sister" interns agree. Who blasts the same song for an hour saying its power hour and we take shots of NASTY BEER every minute? WHAT?! You're feeling a bit uncomfortable, everyone else is drinking, talking crap, and doing dumb stuff. Then you think I could be this bored, but in the comforts of my own apartment.

What Friday taught me, I don't like running the gamut of emotions from fiery to cracking voice. Luckily in spite of my being expressive, I didn't loose cool points with the "sisters", that's all that matters LoL. One of them told me I should earn an Academy Award haha. In hindsight I was a bit dramatic.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home