Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Same Script,Different Cast"

Sometimes I feel like I've been here before. I feel like I've lived parts of my life before.

A friend wrote she felt as though her life were in a sense going in circles "Same Script, Different Cast".

Random: Three weeks from today I'll be headed home to Bmore! Yes, I'm too pumped.

I felt too accomplished as a journalist this week. Well after a substandard anchor job when I filled in on the desk on Tuesday. :-/

On Tuesday I also reported for the 5:30. After getting my original story was rejected by the News Director, I covered a story on geocaching. It's when people use GPS systems to find random hidden things in places from graveyards to beaches. Even though she had pissed me off earlier in the day, my boss later complimented me saying she learned something from my pack.

On Thursday, I covered a local government agency allowing people to use their videoconferencing equipment to allow local military families to connect with their loved ones. Sitting in on one family's conversation, being a literal fly on the wall almost brought tears to my eyes. The ND said my writing "gave her goosebumps" and she said my voicetracking has improved. She said my pacing and emotion showed I was compassionate, thoughtful, and deliberate.

I love what Carole Simpson said the late ABC producer Eddie Pinder aimed to do, the same as newspaper publisher Finley Peter Dunne sought to do, "afflict the comfortable, and comfort the afflicted." That right there, is the mark of a balanced journalist.

Anyway back to the reason for the post at hand. I have been having a serious case or should I say cases of Deja Vu.

Sometimes it happens when I take naps like I did this evening. Other times it happens as I read a book, listen to a cd, or as I write e-mails to special people.

Anyway as I lie in bed thinking after waking up from my nap, I feel that I'm sometimes on the border of sounding like as (La, Wise, and J) might all say a "bitch dude."

I cringe at the thought.

Coming off as a "bitch dude" is sooo not a good look for 2007, or 2008 for that matter. Note to self: May 2008 is when this will all really begin to matter.

I just came to the realization that sometimes I'm more emotional than I should be. I KNOW, I KNOW for those who read me with any frequency, well you may have always known it. I say emotional to say as Judge Lynn Toler once said on "Divorce Court", "You feel faster than you think, we all do."

As I sit here I think on this. A friend wrote, "Sometimes you just need to be held. With no expectations....no conversation...just held....single life has it's moments."

Single life, sure as hell does have its moments. She was right, at this point I want to do some holding with no expectations, no conversation. I want to be one of two people who just exists in the moment free of fear, worry, or concern.

Til' next time. Peace.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 AM , Blogger La said...

*head down, waving hand in the air*

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!

I feel that. Single life DOES have it's moments.

You're not too emotional. There's a difference between crying over dinner and wanting someone in your life to care about. I know plenty men that could use that type of emotional availability.

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

"Emotional does not a bitch dude make."

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Great to hear of the strides you're making at your internship. Couple that with Vegas in a few weeks, and you, my friend, will be BALLIN! Nothing wrong with emotion when channeled properly. If you hold it all in, you'll explode at random times and people will think you've lost your mind. Believe me, I speak from experience on that one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home