Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Looking In the Mirror

Sadly these videos won't imbed but look at these links.

First Up: A 1980's report on being "Black in White America" by former ABC anchorwoman Carole Simpson.

Then: A recent mini-documentary by young aspiring filmmaker Kiri Davis.

I found this interesting in the midst of the debate over "Hot Ghetto Mess" aka "We Got To Do Better".

For me it highlights the importance of having a media which is reflective of society, but which is also aware of its significance in society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSafZUWok98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_x7s3QiYk

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More things change, the more they stay he same. Its sad that we as a people still have such strong psychological scars

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home