Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, July 20, 2007

24 Hours in the Chi

Twenty-four hours from now I should be in Chicago aka Chi-town. I'm going there and as much as I hate this next fact. I'm only staying for 24 hours. I'm taking the first train into the city, and I'm also taking the first train out. It's not the way I normally operate, but it's what I have to do.
I have to attend a candidate's forum. I'm currently running for Student Representative of the National Association of Black Journalists. My opponent has attended two of the four candidate forums. I'm a wee bit behind the ball.

The internship has consumed so much of my life, campaigning sad to say had to take a back seat. How can I help others without first helping myself? If I really want into the industry I needed this internship to remind me of why I want to be a journalist, I needed this internship to teach me things, and I needed the opportunity to gain practical experience.

At first, I didn't think I'd be able to attend this forum either. I am interning in another part of the state of Illinois. I don't have a car. The train station is in a town twenty minutes away. Logistics just did not seem to be in my favor.

Not being able to attend yet another forum would be bad. That would have left me with only e-mail, phone calls, Facebook, and the national forum in Vegas to woo the audience. Hopefully the published report on this forum will get my name out there.

It does seem that all the details and arrangements for this trip are about to work out. Heads bowed...fingers crossed...eyes lifted to the sky.

I called a old friend to see if he could put me up for a night. I ordered a train ticket. I found a cab company, a company that I now cannot use cause we covered an alleged drug bust involving said transportation company. Needless to say they aren't fans. One of the co-workers has however agreed to pick me up at 4:45am and to take me to the train station. I already loved her, now I love even more.

That really is what friends are for.

It gives new meaning to this phrase, "I find that in the end its your friends who sustain you." -Antoinette Q.

I think I can buy a tranist pass which gets me to and from the forum.

I'll atleast be able to make an appearance. Hopefully people will stop questioning whether or not I want to win.

Anyway tomorrow it's all about me putting my best foot forward.

And now for my real Jerry Springer moment...aside from Oprah he's another famous Chicagoan. LoL.

"Until next time take care of yourselves, and each other."

CNEL, CNEL, CNEL

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

do it big then!! hotness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home