Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

And let the church say… Pt. 1

Well church has been on my mind something heavy as of late. It was that way, even before J began sharing with us as her forays and adventures, as she sought to get her summer Bible study on. Around the time of my birthday my fellow intern Mimi suggested that church be a part of my 21st birthday celebration. Unfortunately it was not, but it did not stop me from contemplating the role church plays in my life.

Yeah I have been absent church services for a while. I have no excuse. I could surely offer one up without digging deep, but there’s no need to do so. When we’re motivated we can accomplish what we “will”. We are able to achieve that which we “will” ourselves to do.

Even though I am a veracious reader, writer, quote sharer. Sometimes there are few things which resonate with me. One thing which has replayed in my head the words of one of my mentor, “Don’t go through college without making time for church. I didn’t start going regularly until law school and it’s something that I regret. Make the time.”

It seems it’s all about making the time.

There are those in my family past and present who have made the time.

My maternal great-grandmother was a Sunday school superintendent in our native South Carolina. My paternal aunt and uncle are ministers, so are a few paternal cousins. I also have a maternal cousin in Baltimore who is a first lady. My mother is a former Sunday school teacher. One of my aunts and godmother is a trustee.

Then there have been signs.

A few weeks back my grandfather’s home church burned to the ground. The church’s steeple was hit by a bolt of lightning. A fire was ignited and the church burned down.

While he’s getting up there and hasn’t regularly attended services as of late, my granddad was a member of his church for over 20 years. He often did the early bird service, and we know that takes a special type of commitment.

Up next Prosperity Philosophy…

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Even tho you havent been going, someone's DEF been praying for you to return, CNelly. You'll make it when you can, and until then, just keep finding ways to keep Him close.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home