Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Life in the Midwest



I am smiling on occasion.




I wanted back in a newsroom, I don't know if I wanted to live there. 13.5 hour shift on Tuesday, editor and server operator today, assignment editor on Thursday, reporting on Friday, and reporting on Friday. On Monday I was editor and server operator, and on Tuesday I co-produced the half hour show, and covered a city council meeting.


"I find that in the end its your friends who sustain you."
-Antoinette Q.

So my babies went to prom last night. When I say babies, I mean the young people I befriended and I mentored for the last four years. I missed it. They graduate on Friday, I'll miss that too. Having to forego partaking in their celebrations something I must now deal with. I guess its one of those small sacrifices that will become part of my summertime experience. It's a sacrifice I overlooked in the excitement of getting this internship.

But I have them to when they call or IM to make me laugh. Like my friend K who I worked with last fall.

She wrote this:

Central Illinois? Soooo random!! Sounds like the job you have is pretty cool, though. What kind of show do you get to help produce? News? Whatever it is, sounds like fun. Hope you're finding lots of good books/movies to keep you entertained after work. Let me know if you need any suggestions, lol.
K


Thanks to my mother for sending me some books. Everyone saw the box assumed it was food, and demanded I share. Ummm it was reading materials guys.

Life in small town U.S.A. umm yea. I miss the East Coast. I read the blog of a local anchor on the station's website. Maybe I should break from that until August. She was writing about Baltimore's Farmers Market. I'll miss going there on the weekends when I just feel like going downtown. She also mentioned a bakery in Baltimore's Federal Hill neighborhood. I've been meaning to stop in there for a while now.

I may be able to do the south, but I really don't see myself doing the midwest or small town U.S.A.

I have 8 more weeks. Maybe my mind will change.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Midwest blows. Get out alive. Never look back. Come on home!! :)

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

part of the learning process. figuring out what you need from the place you'll call home. since your mom's not sending you food, can she send me food? just thought i'd ask. who really does want to spend their life working? in the end, you die anyway and what do you have to show for it? the office keeps going and only a handful of those people (if any) come to your funeral b/c they're doing the job where you thought you were so invaluable. always remember what really matters.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Chris said...

it might not seem ideal, but the locale will probably teach you so much on both professional and personal levels that you'll be glad you're out there. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home