Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just Sitting Here

Sitting in the library, chilling out before I head in to the station.

Reflecting on something I read, "Keep your expectations about people so low that you'll always be surprised and never disappointed."

I am realizing that I am a bit of an asshole at times. Yesterday one of my co-workers asked why I never hang out with them. We just don't mesh. Their idea of a good time and my idea of a good time are two completely different things. And yes I have given it a chance, and umm it failed. While I know the value of being out of my comfort zone and doing new things. There needs to be a limit. I still need time to be true to me. I am a firm believer in taking "me time." That involves everyday after 7:30 and before I begin my next day.

My response to the inquiry elaborated on my position, "Please don't take this the wrong way. This might sound bad, but after spending eight hours with you guys, I don't want to see you. I don't want to see ya'll, I need a break."

Atleast I was honest.

The good thing is I get along with my roommates for the most part. Though I had a dream I had a physical confrontation with one of them two nights ago. I'm really hoping that wasn't a reflection of my subconscious mind. HaHa.

Anyways, we're almost done another week. Sadly, I must work Saturday. I'm a photog for the next three weekends. I loved my news director until she did that...

Stay well.

P.S.
For those who know the best friend Eps. He's struggling but persevering. For the next six weeks or so he'll be in Texas completing archaeological field school, my next post will be about the craziness my boy has encountered. Due to spotty cell phone service its all about text messaging, and letter writing. Letter writing is a lost art.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

me and stace LOVE letter writing. we do it all the time and in the form of cards. its fab. everyday after 7:30?? come on. not everyday. i feel you on not wanting to see your coworkers forever. you should institute a rule of 5 mins of work talk, then no more. it makes work friends better. you will have to interact w/work folk outside of work. don't always turn down their invites. my own mentor told me that babes so listen.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So physical confrontation i wonder which roommate???

 
At 1:52 AM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

I feel you on the space.
They must blow. Poor thing. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home