Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Being Humbled by Circumstances

How about I want to cry?

No I'm not a punk but this is too much.

I was previously scheduled for a day off since I reported on Sunday, work the regular weekdays, and I am reporting this Saturday. It was too good to be true. I thought my boss had made a mistake, then she precedes to schedule me. Hey, didn't you just say I deserved the day off? So today I'm shadowing someone doing something which I loathe.

Then my computer which I purchased a month ago is acting funky. I call Toshiba at 6:30 this morning and spend 15 minutes talking to them. Take it in to a Toshiba Service Center. Guess what? There are none near me. If I can't get out of this town for pleasure, how will I get my computer to a shop?

God is trying to humble me.

I'm now in the same boat as my two besties. Epsi is in Texas, minus a comp, with raggedy and shady cell phone service we got disconnected four times before having a 15 minute chat last night. My other best friend Kenny is minus comp until he's at the office for his internship. I think they're worst off. Gary has no way to keep in touch with people minus shady, spotty cell phone service. Kenny is looking for apartments for his first year in med school.

Say a prayer that my comp fixes itself please. It's either that or I may loose my sanity.

6 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

keep your head up. please believe this is not the first 7 or 8 day week you will work in the biz. this internship really is prepping you for your first journalism job. they will try to work you to death, but it will put you on the ladder to move upward.

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

It's a test young man. And just cuz you wanna boo hoo doesnt mean you've failed it. Now you know how Kunta felt!

Chin up, sweetie pie! I owe you a drink when you get home!

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

WISE!!!! HOW KUNTA FELT?!?!?!?!?!!? LMAO!!! oh yeah and she's right cnel. you are not a punk for feelin the need to cry when you work a lot.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

and a 10 day week with a day off followed by a 6 day week is not unheard of. working 12 of 13 days, also not unheard of. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Chris said...

we all have those humbling experiences, but what we learn from the insanity is key. Stay up, boss.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

trade that Toshiba in and get yourself a Dell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home